Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with Double-Pepper Red Hot Chipotle Slaw (Smoking Hot Chipotle Fried Fish). Adapted from Kerry Saretsky, author of French Revolution Food. .
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4 chipotle peppers, finely diced plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 pinch sugar
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 red cabbage or 1 green cabbage, finely shredded
- 6 thin scallions, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons finely diced jalapenos
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- In a very large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobo, sugar, salt and pepper. Add the cabbage, scallions, jalapeno and cilantro and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.