- 1 large red onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 large white onions or 1 large yellow onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all topping ingredients in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until onions are softened (8 to 10 minutes). Remove from heat. Keep warm.
- Shape ground beef into 4 (4-inch) patties. Place patties onto grill. Grill, turning once, until burgers are cooked through (and no pink remains.
- To serve, place burgers onto bottom half of buns; top each with 2 slices cheese, 1 tablespoon onion topping mixture and top half of bun.