1 hr 20 mins
Lightly Toasted's Note:
from Cooking Light's Holiday Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Lightly coat 6 6 oz ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Combine water and sugar for caramel in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, without stirring, or until mixture turns golden around outside edges. Divide evenly into prepared ramekins and set aside.
- 4For flan, combine sugar and egg yolks in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 5Add pumpkin, vanilla, and spices.
- 6Combine milk, half and half, and fresh ginger in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until tiny bubbles form around edge, but DO NOT BOIL (180 degrees).
- 7Gradually, add half of milk mixture to egg mixture, stirring constantly with whisk.
- 8Return milk mixture to pan, reduce heat, and cook to 160 degrees, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 9Remove from heat, and strain thru a sieve over a large bowl, discarding solids.
- 10Divide mixture evenly among prepared ramekins. Place cups in a 9 x 13 baking pan, and add 1 inch of HOT water to pan.
- 11Bake at 325 for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cups from pan, cool completely on wire rack. Chill at least 8 hours, or preferably overnight.
- 12To serve, carefully loosen edges of custards with a knife. Invert ramekins over plates. Drizzle any remaining caramel over custards.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Ginger Pumpkin Flans
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 220.5 mg
- Sodium 131.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g