1 hr 20 mins
Lightly Toasted's Note:
from Cooking Light's Holiday Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Lightly coat 6 6 oz ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Combine water and sugar for caramel in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, without stirring, or until mixture turns golden around outside edges. Divide evenly into prepared ramekins and set aside.
- 4For flan, combine sugar and egg yolks in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 5Add pumpkin, vanilla, and spices.
- 6Combine milk, half and half, and fresh ginger in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until tiny bubbles form around edge, but DO NOT BOIL (180 degrees).
- 7Gradually, add half of milk mixture to egg mixture, stirring constantly with whisk.
- 8Return milk mixture to pan, reduce heat, and cook to 160 degrees, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 9Remove from heat, and strain thru a sieve over a large bowl, discarding solids.
- 10Divide mixture evenly among prepared ramekins. Place cups in a 9 x 13 baking pan, and add 1 inch of HOT water to pan.
- 11Bake at 325 for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cups from pan, cool completely on wire rack. Chill at least 8 hours, or preferably overnight.
- 12To serve, carefully loosen edges of custards with a knife. Invert ramekins over plates. Drizzle any remaining caramel over custards.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Ginger Pumpkin Flans
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 220.5 mg
- Sodium 131.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g