Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The garlic in this bread adds a nice flavor to grilled sandwiches. The recipe comes from Betty Crocker Bread Machine Cookbook.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2⁄3 cup instant mashed potatoes, seasoned with roasted garlic (or if you don't have the garlic potato mix, use 2/3 cup regular mashed potato buds or flakes plus 1/)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (this is plus the other garlic)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in bread machine pan in order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic/white cycle.
- Use medium or light crust color.
- DO NOT use DELAY Cycle.
- Remove baked bread from pan, and cool on wire rack.
This bread has a nice light consistency and a subtle garlic flavor. I made it using plain potato flakes and the extra garlic powder and it was enjoyed by my whole family. I was surprised there was no salt in the recipe, though, and I might try adding some next time, as well as substituting soy milk for some of the water to make it a little richer. Overall I enjoyed this quite a bit! Thanks, Barb.