Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really quick, great tasting; low in fat chocolate cake. Simple too!
Make and share this Double Dark Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8 inch square cake pan, stir flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- Stir until smoothly combined.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
I made this exactly as directed, and while there wasn't anything wrong with it, it just wasn't great. Tasted fine but not outstanding. I doubt I will make this again, but it is a great idea for a very low fat cake. I also had no trouble getting it to rise, and it was definitely a cake texture for me, not a brownie texture as another reviewer said. Perhaps they missed the baking soda?
I loved this! Very easy to make and I will definately make again. Did not taste like low fat at all.
I thought this cake was good. It Did NOT taste low fat and it did rise nicely for me. This didn't remind me of a brownie type cake at all as usually brownies are heavier and this was lighter then brownies. I made this for my sons birthday tonight for family. VERY VERY quick and easy to assemble. Thanks for posting