Recipe by Abby Girl
If you enjoy pure maple syrup, you will love this recipe.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Made this with Cinnabon cinnamon swirl bread and it turned out. Great! The batter was a little thicker than I am used to so just had to cook it a little extra. The syrup was a great addition, it was thicker than plain syrup and not as sweet. Made for Cookbook Tag.
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream (or half and half)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 slices cinnamon-swirl bread (or egg bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring syrup, 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Boil 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, cream, vanilla, 3 tablespoons maple syrup mixture and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon in bowl. Place bread slices in large baking dish. Pour egg mixture over; turn to coat. Pierce bread in several places with fork. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bread and cook until brown, about 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet. Turn over bread and cook until brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plates. Serve with remaining syrup.