Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you enjoy pure maple syrup, you will love this recipe.
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream (or half and half)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 slices cinnamon-swirl bread (or egg bread)
- Bring syrup, 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Boil 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, cream, vanilla, 3 tablespoons maple syrup mixture and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon in bowl. Place bread slices in large baking dish. Pour egg mixture over; turn to coat. Pierce bread in several places with fork. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bread and cook until brown, about 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet. Turn over bread and cook until brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plates. Serve with remaining syrup.
Made this with Cinnabon cinnamon swirl bread and it turned out. Great! The batter was a little thicker than I am used to so just had to cook it a little extra. The syrup was a great addition, it was thicker than plain syrup and not as sweet. Made for Cookbook Tag.