Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease or cover with foil a cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and mix until blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture, then the oats. Dough will be very thick at this point.
- By hand, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop by tablespoon onto the cookie sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes. Cookies may seem soft, but 10 minutes is the correct time in order to have chewy cookies.