Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rich and chewy chocolate oatmeal cookies with milk chocolate chips.
Make and share this Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease or cover with foil a cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and mix until blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture, then the oats. Dough will be very thick at this point.
- By hand, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop by tablespoon onto the cookie sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes. Cookies may seem soft, but 10 minutes is the correct time in order to have chewy cookies.
Mmmmm this were delicious and so easy to make with my 5 year old. The recipe was spot on i made no adjustments. Thanks ChloeM these were a hit for the whole family!