Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This makes a cake-like chocolate chip cookie.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter.
- Add brown sugar and eggs and mix.
- Mix in vanilla, salt, and cocoa.
- Stir in flour and baking soda.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave on cookie sheet one minute before removing.
These are good, somewhat brownie like. I made about 7 dozen, the 8 minutes as posted in the recipe worked fine. Two other reviewers had suggested 12 minutes-I wouldn't suggest it, they just turn out dry. Thanks for posting. :)
There are great more like a brownie than a cookie. I baked them closer to 12 minutes not the 8 that was suggested. Very good!
When making these my house was filled with such a wonderful chocolate smell! I ended up baking them for 12 minutes per batch, they just were not done at the 8 min point. I will be making these again.