Recipe by Loves2Teach
These cookies are so yummy and easy to make. Great for school lunches, or a snack.
Top Review by Merlot
This is a great cookie. Chock full of chips and pecans. Easy to make and they vanished immediately. Definitely worth a 5-star rating. Thank you so much, Airbornearmywife for sharing this with us. :-)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups toll house peanut butter & milk chocolate chips (11 oz package)
- 2 cups toll house semisweet chocolate morsels (12 oz package)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until blended.
- Add eggs and 1 tsp vanila, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Stir in morsels, oats and pecans.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfulls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15-16 minutes or until golden around edges.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.