Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on the internet. I am hoping that it turns out similar to the coffee cake made at Busken bakery.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a small mixing bowl. Set aside until dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium low, heat milk, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and 1/2 cup butter. Stir until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Cool to lukewarm; then stir in dissolved yeast mixture and set aside.
- Combine flour, eggs and yeast mixture in a large bowl. Stir until mixed and smooth. Pour into a buttered 9x13 inch pan, spreading evenly.
- Let rise in warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and syrupy.