Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bake potatoes until tender (45- 60 min).
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Cook onion and garlic until tender but not brown.
- Stir in milk.
- Add salt& pepper& nutmeg.
- Cut off the top third of the potatoes.
- Scoop out potatoes leaving 1/4" shell.
- Beat potatoes til smooth.
- Mix in milk mixture.
- Stir in bacon, cheese and chives.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Spoon mashed potatoes back into potato skins.
- Brush top with melted butter.
- Before serving, bake in a preheated oven (400) for 15 minutes or until heated throughly.