Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This goes fast! It can be broken into any size pieces.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Spread almonds in seperate shallow pans.
- Place in low temp oven to roast them until light brown.
- Meanwhile melt butter over low heat in a 2 qt pan.
- Add sugar,corn syrup and water.
- Cook,stirring occasionally to hard crack stage (300) watch close,when it gets to 280,quickly stir in coarse chopped nuts.
- Spread in ungreased pan.
- Spread with melted chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Flip over onto wax paper.
- Spread more chocolate and nuts.
I'm sorry it turned out wrong for you! Did you use butter or margarine?Margarine will separate almost every time.It is best to always use real butter in candy recipes.
This is a great recipe. It was easy to make and taste good too. I followed the recipe completely, but was a little apprehensive about pouring onto ungreased pan, thinking it might stick. It didn't.
I don't know what went wrong. I followed the instructions exactly. When the temperature reached 280 degrees I added the chopped nuts and continued to cook to 300 degrees. The mixture separated and was ruined. I had alot of oil. Don't know if it was from the almonds or the separation. Sure sounds good, wish I knew what I did wrong!