Recipe by Mom of Five
I won this cake at a raffle and thankfully Dottie shared her recipe. It is sooo good. Enjoy!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups sliced apples (pared and thin)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and oil, then add eggs one at a time; mix well.
- Add half of flour and mix well until smooth.
- Mix sliced apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Use tube pan and do not grease. Pour a little batter on the bottom of the pan, then add a layer of apples; repeat, batter and apple slices, then the rest of the batter.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then 350 for 1 1/4 hours, or until a knife inserted indicates the batter is done. Cool 15 minutes on rack, then remove from pan and finish cooling.