Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great for kids although it is my married son Paul and his wife Wendy that request this for their birthdays instead of a traditional birthday cake.
- 16-18 glazed doughnuts
- 300 ml cream, whipped
- 8-10 large fresh strawberries
- Place five donuts on a large plate in a circle and pipe cream into each hole.
- Add another row by topping with four more donuts and pipe cream into each of them as well.
- Add three more layers, including one donut for the top.
- Pipe cream into holes and fill in gaps all around the cake, decorate with strawberries and add the birthday candles.
Wow! Easy and yummy! I made two for DH's birthday; one for us(a small one) and one huge for work. I used whipped cream for ours and "non-dairy whipped topping" for work since it would sit out for hours and that's more stable. It was a BIG hit! First of the season berries and colored sprinkles dusted on top. I cut the donuts for work in half crosswise for convenience for fingers and people snacked all day. I'm not sure how many it served. Staff, customers, vendors...
Thank you Ninna! My son wanted a donut cake for his birthday and it was a big hit. I wasn't sure how to "glue" it together so I read the reviews and saw non dairy topping but thought hey it needs to hang out a long while so I used frosting to pipe in the holes and "glue" the layers. I used cake donuts with sprinkles and it came together so well! ChefDLH
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This idea is fantastic. I had it for my 16th birthday as my theme was american. We used glazed doughnuts and sprinkled some sprinkles over the cream. Thanks for posting. Happy cooking. Miss Pixie x x x :D