Recipe by Ninna
This is great for kids although it is my married son Paul and his wife Wendy that request this for their birthdays instead of a traditional birthday cake.
Top Review by Countrywife
Wow! Easy and yummy! I made two for DH's birthday; one for us(a small one) and one huge for work. I used whipped cream for ours and "non-dairy whipped topping" for work since it would sit out for hours and that's more stable. It was a BIG hit! First of the season berries and colored sprinkles dusted on top. I cut the donuts for work in half crosswise for convenience for fingers and people snacked all day. I'm not sure how many it served. Staff, customers, vendors...
- 16 -18 glazed doughnuts
- 300 ml cream, whipped
- 8 -10 large fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Place five donuts on a large plate in a circle and pipe cream into each hole.
- Add another row by topping with four more donuts and pipe cream into each of them as well.
- Add three more layers, including one donut for the top.
- Pipe cream into holes and fill in gaps all around the cake, decorate with strawberries and add the birthday candles.