Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is created for Ready Set Cook 2006 This goes perfectly with roasted citrus chicken!
- 3 cups rice, cooked and at room temp
- 1 acorn squash, cubed and roasted with olive oil (approx 1 inch cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup cubed papaya
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, soaked in 4 tbls orange juice
- 1 red jalapeno chile, deveined and seeded chopped fine
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine first 6 ingredients carefully.
- Whisk remaining ingredients and combine with rice mixture.
- Serve at room temperature.
I must say we were pleasantly surprized!! This was very good!! I tried it because I was looking for something low fat and to be honest wasn't sure we would like it. I did have to use a mango as I had run out of papaya and the jalapeno was more green than red, the other thing I had to leave out the parsley, just didn't have any, all and all this was very tasty all the ingredients seem to compliment each other and the dressing was outstanding, lots of taste. I would make this again even for company because it is different, the only change I might make would be to leave out the squash, I didn't feel it added much to the flavours. I must admit I added salt also and some pepper. Good luck in the contest.
Great Rice Recipe! I really liked the imagination that was used to come up with the ingredients for this dish. The rice was sweet and a complemented our very spicy dinner perfectly. Good Luck Chef!!!!