1/2 Photos of "Don't Knock It Until You Try It" Beet Cake!!
1 hr 5 mins
Yes, this cake is made with beets! And you won't believe how great it is. I got the recipe from a friend who said it is the most requested cake in her family. Even the kids want it for their birthday cake. I baked it for one of our family gatherings and now, I get lots of requests for it too. The batter looks red, but the red bakes out. I use an almond flavored frosting on it sometimes. Other times I just serve it with homemade whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 °, grease and flour 13x9 baking pan.
- 2Beat eggs, sugar and oil until light and fluffy.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- 4Add to egg mixture and mix well.
- 5Add vanilla, beets and walnuts.
- 6Beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
- 7Pour into pan, bake for 45 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Don't Knock It Until You Try It" Beet Cake!!
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.6
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 275.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g