My Sister-in-Law Donna makes this salad and my wife just loves it, so here it is. When you prep the broccoli and cauliflower, just use the flowerettes; no stems (save them for a vegetable stock recipe, etc).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup golden raisin (or more as desired)
- 1/4 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1In a small bowl blend dressing ingredients with a wire whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- 2In a very large bowl, toss together all salad ingregients, except sunflower seeds. Add dressing to salad and stir to coat.
- 3Refrigerate salad for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- 4Add sunflower seeds just before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Donna's Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 235.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: