Recipe by ColSanders
My Sister-in-Law Donna makes this salad and my wife just loves it, so here it is. When you prep the broccoli and cauliflower, just use the flowerettes; no stems (save them for a vegetable stock recipe, etc).
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup golden raisin (or more as desired)
- 1⁄4 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use real mayo for the best taste)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl blend dressing ingredients with a wire whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a very large bowl, toss together all salad ingregients, except sunflower seeds. Add dressing to salad and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate salad for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Add sunflower seeds just before serving.