1/5 Photos of Dominican Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 10 mins
This tasty recipe from the Dominican Republic is usually made with a type of island pumpkin called calabaza. I've adapted it to use with regular sweet potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add both types of onion. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
- 2Add sweet potatoes, mixing with the onions.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients and add to skillet. Mix well. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally.
- 4Uncover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dominican Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper