Recipe by morgainegeiser
This tasty recipe from the Dominican Republic is usually made with a type of island pumpkin called calabaza. I've adapted it to use with regular sweet potatoes.
Top Review by Tisme
We loved the added citrus, tangy and not too sweet.Made as written and the outcome was wonderful.I thought the potato's might get a little mushy, but they turned out beautifully.<br/>Thanks for a fantastic recipe morgainegeiser.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add both types of onion. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, mixing with the onions.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to skillet. Mix well. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Uncover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.