Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
this are little sweet filled cookies..
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 1⁄2 cups peach jam (or your favourite filling...) or 2 1⁄2 cups apricot jam (or your favourite filling...) or 2 1⁄2 cups chocolate (or your favourite filling...) or 2 1⁄2 cups nuts (or your favourite filling...) or 2 1⁄2 cups figs (or your favourite filling...)
- In a bowl sift the flour, powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix, eggs with sugar and beat until light fluffy.
- Now add the milk, oil, lemon juice,and combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients,and mix with your hands until a ball of dough is formed.
- Adding more milk, only if it seems too dry.
- This will be a sticky and heavy dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth.
- Cover and rest 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease your cookie sheet.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll each one at a time into a 16 x 14 rectangle.
- Using a pastry cutter cut into four strips about 3 1/2 inches and then again across by 2 inches.
- Place a teaspoons.
- of filling of choice onto centre of rectangle and then fold over, pinch closed and seal.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes to 20 minutes or until a light golden.
- Remove and place on rack to cool.
- This also can be rolled up like a jelly roll and then sliced into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Or can be a bottom layer onto cookie sheet, spread filling, and then a second layer, and cut into squares-- The filling can be chocolate and nuts, jams, nutella, cooked fruit fillings--.