Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are a nice change from the usual straight from the can beans and they're quick and easy to make in the microwave. We love them along side tacos, enchiladas or any other Mexican dishes.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (divided) or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (divided)
- Mix refried beans, salsa and scallions in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and heat on high for 2 minutes. Stir and add half of cheese and microwave for another minute.
- Depending on your microwave they should be very hot.
- Add remaining cheese to top and heat for another 30 seconds.
DH is the refried bean lover in the family, so I asked him to award the stars. He said it was definitely 5 stars. I'm thrilled the recipe was so quick and easy to make. A great choice for the Cameraless Chef Game.