Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a lovely simple recipe for Docinhos de Abobora, the famous Brazilian candy treats. I have not tried this recipe yet, so cooking time is approximate, I'm posting for ZWT 4.
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 473.18 ml grated coconut
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.62 ml ground cloves
- butter, for greasing
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Place all the ingredients in a large, heavy bottomed pan. Cook on a medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is thick, or until it reaches the medium-ball stage (238 to 245 degrees F.).
- Turn onto a buttered platter to cool.
- Shape into small balls (you may need to grease your hands lightly with a little butter) and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Place in paper petit fours / bonbon cases.