12 hrs 20 mins
What I love about this jello-based salad is that it's not too sweet. Like the name implies, it is a "heavenly" accompaniment to everything else on your plate. If you like pina coladas, you'll love this salad. I think it got the name because it looks like a bowlful of divinity candy once it has set up (note that it needs to be refrigerated 12-24 hours before serving). I hope you enjoy this family favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped (don't use prepared whipped cream)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (real mayo, not salad dressing like Miracle Whip)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 maraschino cherries (optional)
- 1 sprig fresh parsley (optional)
- 1Dissolve the jello, salt and sugar in the boiling water. Place in the fridge and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- 2While jello mixture is cooling, whip the whipping cream using a mixer on high speed. The whipped cream is ready when it thickens and peaks. Be careful not to over whip.
- 3Add the following to the jello mixture: cottage cheese, pineapple, mayo and nuts. Mix well.
- 4Now gently fold the whipped cream into the jello mixture. This will make the mixture very light and fluffy.
- 5Pour into a pretty presentation bowl.
- 6For a nice presentation at holiday time, garnish with the maraschino cherries and a sprig of parsley to look like holly berries.
- 7Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
Browse Our Top Time To Make Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Divinity Salad
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.3
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 693.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 10.2 g