Recipe by huprice
This is my favorite dessert. It's a very moist carrot cake with a divine pineapple cream cheese frosting. It's my mom's recipe, which she has made for my birthday every year since 1980!
- 1 lb carrot (8-10 peeled and finely grated)
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 1⁄4 lb softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour three 8-in cake pans.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix oil and sugar in large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture, blending well.
- Stir in grated carrots and pecans.
- Turn into prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove cakes and cool thoroughly.
- Cut each cake in half, crosswise so you end up with 6 disc-layers total.
- Place the first cake layer, cut side up and frost.
- Place the next layer cut side down on top of the frosted layer, frost it.
- Repeat previous two steps until all 6 layers are frosted.
- Garnish with whole pecans if desired.
- Pineapple cream cheese frosting.
- Beat cream cheese with butter until smooth.
- Add sugar a little at a time until smooth and fluffy.
- Blend in vanilla and drained pineapple.
- Chill about 30 minutes, or until spreading consistency.