My daughter and I enjoy these delicious cinnamon rolls at Disneyland before we go on the attractions. I add 1/2 cup of sour cream in the dough recipe which gives the rolls a smoother texture. These are absolutely delicious!
- 118.29 ml warm water
- 2 (14.17 g) package yeast
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 99.22 g package instant vanilla pudding
- 473.18 ml milk
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1892.72 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 709.77 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
- In small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix pudding according to package instructions with milk. To this add ½ cup melted butter, egg and salt. Mix well, then add yeast mixture and blend well.
- Gradually add flour and knead until smooth. Place in a very large greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size.
- Punch down and let rise again for second time.
- Roll dough on a very large floured surface. Dough should roll out to a long rectangle, about 34×21 inches in size.
- Take the 1 cup of melted butter and spread over entire dough surface, using a pastry brush.
- In small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of buttered dough. Roll dough up like a jelly roll. Measure dough every 2 inches and cut with a knife.
- Take each roll into the palm of your hand and gently pack the roll (this keeps it from coming apart during baking).
- Place each roll in a buttered baking pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350ª oven until golden brown in color, about 15–20 minutes. Frost rolls while still warm.
- Cream Cheese Frosting.
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Spread on the very warm rolls. Enjoy!