Recipe by shannonferrero
These stuffed mushrooms are adapted from a recipe my mom gave me. I added a few ingredients my husband and I like to make them suited to us. They disappear at every family or friend get together so I have to hold a couple back so that I get some!
Top Review by MaggieVolk
Wow! Do these disappear! Followed receipe (used only 8 oz. cream cheese and added approx. 2 oz. Feta cheese to taste--amazed at how rich Feta made the filling). Had an accident at the last minute, bumped the edge of my baking sheet on the oven and several mushroooms rolled over--ah!!! Good news....I just let them cool in that position and they easily lifted off. I dusted them with some more cheddar and broiled them for 1-3 minutes, they looked as good as when they first came out of the oven. Best stuffed mushroom recipe I've ever tried and had so much success with. MaggieVolk Minneapolis
- 24 large mushrooms, washed
- 8 -16 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup small shrimp, washed
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat
- feta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Soften the cream cheese.
- Using a food processor, chop the crabmeat and the shrimp.
- In a small bowl, combine the seafood, cream cheese, garlic powder, feta cheese and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Scoop the mixture evenly into the mushroom caps and top each cap with a little of the remaining cheddar.
- Bake at 350°F until the cheese is melted and the mixture is lightly golden on top.
- Let cool and enjoy!