Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
If you like peanut brittle this will be an extra special treat for you! The cooking time is approximate, and does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
pound c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly butter a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- 2In a small bowl stir together cocoa and baking soda. Add butter and set aside.
- 3In a heavy 2 quart saucepan stir together sugar, corn syrup and whipping cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Stir in the nuts you are using.
- 5Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches 300°F on candy thermometer, or until syrup, when dropped into very cold water, separates into threads which are hard and brittle. (Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of saucepan.).
- 6Remove from heat. Stir in cocoa mixture.
- 7Immediately pour onto a prepared cookie sheet.
- 8With tongs or wooden spoons, quickly spread and pull into 1/4" thickness.
- 9Place cookie sheet on wire rack, and cool completely.
- 10Break into pieces, and store in a tightly covered container.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Di's Chocolatey Peanut Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (753 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3302.0
- Calories from Fat 1589
- Total Fat 176.6 g
- Saturated Fat 40.5 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 3773.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 405.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.6 g
- Sugars 257.3 g
- Protein 72.4 g