Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like peanut brittle this will be an extra special treat for you! The cooking time is approximate, and does not include cooling time.
- Lightly butter a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together cocoa and baking soda. Add butter and set aside.
- In a heavy 2 quart saucepan stir together sugar, corn syrup and whipping cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the nuts you are using.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches 300°F on candy thermometer, or until syrup, when dropped into very cold water, separates into threads which are hard and brittle. (Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of saucepan.).
- Remove from heat. Stir in cocoa mixture.
- Immediately pour onto a prepared cookie sheet.
- With tongs or wooden spoons, quickly spread and pull into 1/4" thickness.
- Place cookie sheet on wire rack, and cool completely.
- Break into pieces, and store in a tightly covered container.