Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
An intense & delicious dipping sauce for wings, ribs, spring rolls, egg rolls, shrimp or anything that I havent tried yet !
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mirin or 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, finely sliced (I like the ones from Thailand)
- Finely chop garlic, green onion & chilli.
- Combine ingredients.
- Place in shot glass or small bowl.
- Rest for 1 hour to intensify.
Fantastic dipping sauce. I used it for our fried wontons and we loved it. DD even used this with the leftover fried rice and said it was good. I will use your recipe again, its quick, its simple and tasted DELICIOUS!!! Thank you.
I have already made this 3 times since finding this recipe to serve as a dip with shrimp. It goes together very easily and the taste is great! I used crushed red pepper flakes instead of the red chili pepper.
Very good. Simple... easy... tasty... What more can you ask for? (Pictured right in my photograph, next to Sweet & Spicy Dipping Sauce by the same chef). Reviewed for Pick A Chef, Fall 2007.