Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This unusual salad was created for RSC #7. It has an interesting refreshing taste. Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 1 large cantaloupe, balled
- 1 large honeydew melon, balled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 1⁄2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup dates, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup pistachios
- In a large bowl combine strawberry halves, balled cantaloupes and honey dew melon. Add white sugar and lime juice and toss. Blend well, cover and leave on counter, at room temperature for 1/2 hour. Refridgerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl mix yogurt, whipping cream and white sugar, orange juice, orange rind, and the finely chopped dates. Blend well and taste. Adjust sugar and orange juice if necessary and chill for 3 hours.
- Serve in individual dishes, pour the dip over the top of fruit salad, sprinkle with pistachio nuts and enjoy.
Very nice topping for a fruit salad - ANY fruit salad. I did make a small change in deciding to forego the whipping cream - just didn't feel it was necessary as I liked the flavour of the fruit dip before its addition. Bright, fresh, tangy, with a delicate hint of orange. The dates and pistachios provided textural and taste interest and I will definitely be making this again to serve on a variety of fruit. Thank you!
Nice light dessert just right for a summer time lunch. Does make too much dip though for the amount of fruit, although I think I could eat the dip with a spoon too. I might add a tbsp or 2 of an orange liqueur to give it that little extra umf.
This recipe is right up my alley! It has CG written all over it! I used all three of the fruits listed and made as directed. The only deviation was replacing some of the fresh orange juice with orange blossom water (about 1/2 teaspoon). Garnished with some orange zest, too. Perfect in my book! THANKS for posting!