Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This light and refreshing recipe comes together in under 5 minutes and is great during the summer months! I used it as an accompaniment for kotlet (Persian meat-potato patties), although it also goes great as a veggie dip, alternative to tartar sauce, or off the spoon! NOTE: I eyeballed the quantities when I came up with the recipe, so amounts may need to be adjusted a bit to taste.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 29.58 ml sweet onions, grated
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and grated finely (optional- if you do this, I recommend gloves and looking away so you don't get pepper juice in your )
- 2 limes, juice of (medium-sized)
- 7.39 ml dried dill (or 2 tbs fresh, minced)
- 2.46-4.92 ml garlic powder
- 118.29 ml low-fat mayonnaise (plain yogurt might work as well)
- 0.25 ml salt
- Peel the cucumber and grate finely into a bowl. Add all other ingredients, and stir to combine. Adjust mayonnaise, lime and garlic to taste.
- Serve chilled with vegetable crudites or as a condiment for fish, burgers, sandwiches and more.