Recipe by Judikins
This recipe comes from Dillon's Restaurant in Sun City Grand, Surprise, AZ and one that's a little different but think you'll love it. It's fun to vary your Mac-N-Cheese recipes from time to time.
- 1 lb cooked jumbo elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups buttermilk (or replace 3T regular milk from 3 cups with 3T vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes to make butt)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or a bit of cayene if you're like me)
- 2 lbs cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup corn niblets
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions and drain well.
- Grease a large baking dish (~9x13").
- In large sauce pan, stir flour into melted butter until blended.
- Add buttermilk, stirring constantly.
- Stir in Dijon mustard, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, corn, and cottage cheese.
- Cook until well blended.
- Stir macaroni into cheese mixture and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over the top of MAC-N-CHEESE.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Best served warm.
- This recipe can easily be halved and baked in an 8x8" casserole.