This recipe comes from Dillon's Restaurant in Sun City Grand, Surprise, AZ and one that's a little different but think you'll love it. It's fun to vary your Mac-N-Cheese recipes from time to time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cooked jumbo elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups buttermilk (or replace 3T regular milk from 3 cups with 3T vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes to make butt)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or a bit of cayene if you're like me)
- 2 lbs cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup corn niblets
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package instructions and drain well.
- 3Grease a large baking dish (~9x13").
- 4In large sauce pan, stir flour into melted butter until blended.
- 5Add buttermilk, stirring constantly.
- 6Stir in Dijon mustard, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, corn, and cottage cheese.
- 7Cook until well blended.
- 8Stir macaroni into cheese mixture and pour into prepared baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle the topping mixture over the top of MAC-N-CHEESE.
- 10Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- 11Best served warm.
- 12This recipe can easily be halved and baked in an 8x8" casserole.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dillon's Mac-N-Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.8
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 120.0 mg
- Sodium 965.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 35.1 g