Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Green peas, seasoned with dill and topped with cheese.
Make and share this Dilled Green Peas (Tilliherneet) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded jarlsberg cheese
- Cook peas as package directs.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots or green onions; saute 2 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in hot cooked peas, dill and pimiento.
- Pour into a serving dish; sprinkle with cheese over top.
- Serve immediately.
Good peas. Very simple to make and very tasty. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT9.
Half a recipe was made and I got 4 nice servings. The cheese was used sparingly. Made for ZWT9.
I liked this dish very much. I used shallots. The peas tasted so good that I hesitated to add the cheese. Some liked the cheese on it, but I preferred the part underneath, without the cheese. Really nice flavor to the dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6