Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
posted for my daughter
Make and share this Dill Pickle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups homemade chicken stock
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 5 dill pickles, coarsely grated (Polish dill pickles)
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- salt and black pepper
- fresh parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- fresh dill, finely chopped for garnish
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, combine the stock, carrots, potatoes and celery.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the potatoes are just soft, about 10-12 minutes; do not overcook.
- Add the pickles; continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the milk and flour until smooth; stir a little of the hot soup into the milk mixture.
- Mix until smooth and add to the soup pot, stirring until well combined.
- Bring the soup to a boil, stirring frequently until slightly thickened; remove from the heat.
- In another small bowl, beat the egg with the sour cream until smooth.
- Pour a small amount of the hot soup into the egg mixture and mix thoroughly; add the mixture to the soup pot and stir until smooth.
I made this today for my daughter who loves dill pickles. She was a big fan! It was easy to make