Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Dijon crusted Pork Loin with Cognac Shallot Cream Sauce(makes enough for 2 people)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless pork loin chops
- 3 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 large shallot
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 150 ml whipping cream
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Take pork out of fridge and let rest 10 minutes to bring them closer to room temperature.
- Trim fat off chops, slather oil on both sides
- salt and pepper both sides.
- Pat mustard on both sides to create a 'crust'.
- Fry oil and butter in pan until little bubbles appear on medium high heat
- Add chops , let sizzle , turning when white halfway up, once flipped and they are all white on the sides, put into an oven preheated to 425F, until internal temp is at least 160°F.
- add finely chopped shallots to pan until soft then add cognac, scraping bottom of pan to release the 'bits' once the cognac has reduced add cream.
- reduce heat to Low and add salt and pepper to taste, and allow the sauce to thicken-.
- serve on pork
- Enjoy with oven roasted herb potatoes, and honey glazed carrots.
- wine pairing- crisp cold Sumac Ridge Guwertztraminer.
Very quick, delicious, and satisfying. I like dishes like this that do not require noodles or rice as a base for the sauce; this sauce is really for the meat. Thanks, FoodieFinn! Made for PAC Spring '09.
Wow this is one of the best dishes we've ever made! So elegant, very rich. We made it for company and I'm glad we did. We used quarter loin chops and served it with plain basmati rice and sweet and sour cabbage (Red Cabbage Sweet & Sour) which was a really excellent balance to the richness of the pork. Will make again and again, thanks!
Five stars are from my husband...I don't eat meat. He'd been wanting a good pork entree, and this hit the spot! I served it with a yellow squash souffle, balsamic-roasted sweet potatoes, and baby lima beans. Plenty of vegs for me, and all that tender flavorful piggy for HIM! Will make this for da man again, for sure!