- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup fine whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 sweet white onion
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F(200C).
- In shallow bowl combine buttermilk, butter and mustard.
- In plastic bag combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Slice zucchini and onion 1 inch (2.5cm) thick. Separate onion into rings.
- Dip vegetables into buttermilk mixture then breadcrumb mixture to coat. Place on non-stick or lightly greased baking sheet. Bake about 6 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with Dijon Dip.
- DIJON DIP Combine all ingredients. Yield: 1 cup.