- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil or steam the sliced carrots until fork-tender. Drain, set aside and keep hot in a serving bowl.
- While carrots cook, melt butter in a small saucepan; add finely chopped red onion and the brown sugar and sauté for about 5 minutes; stirring often.
- Whisk in the flour until flour lumps are gone.
- Stir in the Dijon and the cloves.
- Add the heavy cream and cook over med-low heat for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over hot cooked carrots; toss a bit and serve.