Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe out of a church cookbook from my hometown. It's easy and tasty....
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 8 ounces corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In skillet, brown beef.
- Drain fat.
- Add onion and cook until tender, set aside.
- In large saucepan, combine soup, tomato sauce, beans, bouillion, and water.
- Add cooked pasta and beef.
- Heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
It was okay. I only had 1 lb. of hamburger, so I added an extra can of kidney beans. I also added some garlic salt. It was a bit bland. DH didn't care for it because he doesn't like tomato soup, so he said it tasted like Chef Boyardee. I didn't think it did, though. BUT! My picky 2.5 year-old is eating it up. She refuses to eat ANYTHING I cook other than PB&J and macaroni & cheese. So it gets a plus in my book just based on that. Thanks for sharing!