1/3 Photos of Diet Soup
Alternative "diet soup" that does not include cabbage. Recipe is from Good Housekeeping. To retain freshness and nutrients keep a 2 day supply of Basic Soup in the refrigerator. Pack remaining soup in 3 cup portions in airtight containers, leaving some room for expansion. Freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch slices
- 3 medium celery ribs, sliced
- 3 large onions, chopped or 3 medium leeks, each cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (in juice)
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 12 ounces green beans, each cut into thirds
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 (5 ounce) packages baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 12 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Coat pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Over medium high heat add carrots, celery, onions, and garlic.
- 3Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, breaking up tomatoes with side of spoon.
- 5Add cauliflower, remaining ingredients and 12 cups of water.
- 6Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 7Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until vegetables become tender.
- 8Add more salt and pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diet Soup
Serving Size: 1 (6073 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 211.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g