Recipe by mojoloh
This recipe is amazing! Once you try it, you'll always have some stocked in your fridge or freezer. It's hard to believe that you can pig out on this guilt free. Don't be afraid of the pumpkin, it's in there for texture, it'll be alright! :)
Top Review by Alisa Lea
I made this to eat for lunch at work this week and it's yummy. I sprinkle on just a little chipotle cheddar. The only thing I'll do differently next time is to shred the chicken instead of cutting it in chunks. This recipe is a keeper!
- 3 cups fat-free chicken broth (I used stock, it had exactly 3 cups in a bottle)
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow sweet onion
- 1 (14 ounce) canmild green enchilada sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) canmedium green enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 10 ounces uncooked boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 dash hot sauce (I used a few dashes of Frank's Red Hot Sauce for a little kick)
- salt (I felt it needed it)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, crushed baked tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot bring the broth, celery, onion, and enchilada sauces to a boil. Whisk in the pumpkin. Add corn and raw chicken and cover the pot tightly with a lid, turn the oven burner off, and let the pot sit, covered, for one hour. Do not take the lid off! Do not peek! The chicken needs to cook fully.
- Taste the soup. Add a dash or more hot sauce, salt, and/or taco seasoning. (Or not. It's your soup.) Serve and, if you like, top with shredded cheese and/or crushed chips.