Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A dessert for people who don't like gooseberries.
- 2 lbs cooking apples
- 5 ounces caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 fluid ounces whipping cream
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 lb corn flakes
- Peel, core, slice and cook the apples with the water.
- Add sugar and purée by putting through a sieve.
- Put into a serving dish.
- When cold cover with whipped cream.
- Melt butter and syrup and stir in the cornflakes.
- Scatter over the cream and chill well.