Recipe by ArgentineBibi
I got a similar version of this recipe from a friend but had to tweek it for my fiance' who is diabetic. It is not 100% sugar free (less then 1 gram per serving) and very low in fat and calories without sacrificing taste, ENJOY!!
- 177.44 ml egg white, beat (or egg substitute)
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 118.29 ml fat-free margarine, melted
- 473.18 ml zucchini, shredded
- 118.29 ml carrot, shredded
- 88.74 ml Splenda brown sugar blend (3/4 cup reg. brown sugar)
- 177.44 ml Splenda granular
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml walnuts, chopped
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two medium loaf pans.
- In a bowl combine egg, brown sugar, sugar, apple sauce, and margarine.
- To bowl add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon,nutmeg, salt, and vanilla.
- Add flour slowly.
- Add shredded carrots, zucchini and nuts.
- Beat mixture (by hand or mixer).
- Pour loaf into pans.
- Bake 45 mins or 'til toothpick comes out clean.