Prep 4 mins
Cook 15 mins
for those diabetics who love cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4-1 3⁄8 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 3 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- 2 tablespoons diabetic sugar-free jam or 2 tablespoons sugar-free jelly
- Beat together butter, egg, vanilla, and enough flour so dough is no longer sticky.
- Work in nuts.
- Chill until firm enough to shape and roll into balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Dip thumb in flour.
- Press firmly in middle of each cookie.
- Bake 15 mins or til golden brown on the bottom (350F).
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with artificial sweetener.
- Allow to cool.
- Fill hollows with jam or jelly.
- keep refrigerated.