- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 4 ounces nonfat swiss cheese
- 2 slices bread, day old crusts removed and broken into small pieces
- 12 ounces egg substitute
- 3 scallions, whites and 1 inch green,sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
- butter-flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C), Gas Mark 4.
- Thaw the spinach in the microwave and then drain in a colander, squeezing out all liquid.
- Mix spinach with cheese, bread pieces, egg substitute, scallion, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Pour into a nonstick 8 or 9 inch (20 to 22. 5 cm) pie pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Even out with a spatula.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until completely set.
- Serve hot.