1/2 Photos of Diabetic Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 25 mins
These cookies are every bit as hearty and spicy as their original counterparts, but the fat and the calories have been reduced.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened (not spread or tub product)
- 1/3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray; set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat the margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 3Add the brown sugar, baking soda, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; beat until combined.
- 4Beat in Eggbeaters and molasses.
- 5Beat in as much of the all-purpose and whole wheat flour as you can with the mixer.
- 6Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- 7Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 8Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- 9Combine the granulated Splenda and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 10Roll balls in Splenda-cinnamon mixture.
- 11Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- 12Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10 to 11 minutes or until set and tops are cracked.
- 13Remove from cookie sheet.
- 14Cool on a wire rack.
- 15Makes about 4 dozen.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.3
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute