Prep1 hr 25 mins
These cookies are every bit as hearty and spicy as their original counterparts, but the fat and the calories have been reduced.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened (not spread or tub product)
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, baking soda, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; beat until combined.
- Beat in Eggbeaters and molasses.
- Beat in as much of the all-purpose and whole wheat flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Combine the granulated Splenda and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Roll balls in Splenda-cinnamon mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10 to 11 minutes or until set and tops are cracked.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes about 4 dozen.