Recipe by chef blade
Much better than eating hot wings for dinner. This chicken has a bite of it's own....good flavor combo.
- 3 lbs chicken, approx,cut into 6 or 8 pieces
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions or 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
Directions See How It's Made
- Purree the chilpotles and place in glass bowl large enough to hold all the chicken.
- Microwave the jelly to melt and add.
- Squeeze the orange juice into peppers and jelly, toss in all orange rind.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Place chicken in bowl and marinate 24 hrs.
- Place chicken on wire-rack baking dish.
- Bake in pre-heated 350F oven for 50 minutes.