24 hrs 50 mins
chef blade's Note:
Much better than eating hot wings for dinner. This chicken has a bite of it's own....good flavor combo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken, approx,cut into 6 or 8 pieces
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions or 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1Purree the chilpotles and place in glass bowl large enough to hold all the chicken.
- 2Microwave the jelly to melt and add.
- 3Squeeze the orange juice into peppers and jelly, toss in all orange rind.
- 4Add all other ingredients.
- 5Place chicken in bowl and marinate 24 hrs.
- 6Place chicken on wire-rack baking dish.
- 7Bake in pre-heated 350F oven for 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Devil's Fire Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (954 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1518.2
- Calories from Fat 892
- Total Fat 99.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 310.5 mg
- Sodium 899.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 55.5 g
- Protein 79.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo