Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe while ISO another recipe for "Beef and Barley Soup". I just could not throw out the beautiful ribs from our "Christmas Prime Rib". These sound delicious, but I will have to make them with the ribs from our next Prime Rib. (DH won the coin toss between these or soup) I'm posting it now, knowing there are a lot of beautiful prime rib bones around this time of year. This seems like such a simple way to make use of them, besides throwing them into the garbage or to the dog. "Sorry Rover" You could always mix up the seasonings and use garlic, thyme, rosemary, Dijon, or horseradish; panko instead of breadcrumbs... infinite possibilities
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 -5 leftover beef ribs, bones
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan; remove from heat and stir in the mustard, cayenne and Worcestershire; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush the ribs with the melted butter mixture; roll in the bread crumbs, coating well.
- Place on a broiler pan and broil, turning occasionally and basting with remaining butter, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.