Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "The Mississippi Cookbook." Submitted by Mrs. W.B. White from Booneville, MS.
Top Review by jzchristie
I have been making this recipe for over 30 years. Everyone who has tried it can't eat just one. On occasion I have substituted 1 Tbsp. of grated onion for the onion juice. They freeze well. Then defrost & cook when company is coming. Delicious.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- salt, to taste
- 24 small bread rounds (1 1/2 inch in diameter)
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) cans deviled ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together the cheese, onion juice, baking powder, egg yolk, and salt.
- Toast the bread round on one side.
- Spread the untoasted side with deviled ham and cover each with a mound of the cheese mixture.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and brown.
- Serve hot.