1/2 Photos of Dessert Charosets
A modernised traditional Moroccan recipe -from Australian Womens Weekly Moroccan cookbook. I thought these looked interesting and easily made gluten-free by ensuring gluten-free chocolate is used. You can leave out the chocolate all-together if you wish. Recipe uses Australian measures- 1 tablespoon = 4 teaspoons. Time stated does not include overnight refrigeration required
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 fresh dates, seede and chopped coarsely (200 grams)
- 1/2 cup raisins (70 grams)
- 1/2 cup roasted walnut, chopped roughly (55 grams)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet red wine or 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice or 1 1/2 tablespoons grape juice
- 200 g dark chocolate, melted (6 1/2 ounces-semi-sweet chocolate)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped for decoration (40 grams)
- 1Blend or process the dates, raisins, coarsely chopped nuts and wine/juice until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
- 2Using wet hands, roll level teaspoons of mixture into balls. Place them on a lined tray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Dip half of the balls into melted chocolate, place on foil lined tray, leave to set at room temperature.
- 4Roll remaining balls in finely chopped walnuts.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dessert Charosets
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 0.8 g