Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Created by Nestle for safe shipping to troops overseas!
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided (12 oz. pkg.)
- 2 large eggs
- PREHEAT oven to 325º F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- HEAT shortening, sugar and water in medium saucepan to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup morsels; stir until smooth.
- ADD eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add in flour mixture. Stir in remaining morsels. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into squares.
Pretty good! Thanks for putting this on Recipezaar - I was planning on making them and was happy to find them on here. I'm sending some to my brother in Iraq.