Prep 40 mins
Cook 14 mins
This recipe was cooked today on Danmarks Radio 1 by Sandra Leigh Draznin, She recommends the use of low fat meat, no more that 12% fat. You may use a 50-50 mixture of ground veal and ground pork if you wish. One of my Danish friends who makes wonderful frikadeller adds a small amount of sparkling water in place of a little of the milk.
- With a wooden spoon stir the meat with 1 teaspoon salt for about 2 minutes. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES use a food processor or an electric mixer.
- Stir in the egg, chopped onion, and flour. Little by little add the milk stirring it in well. Add a few grinds of black pepper to the mixture and stir in well.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator to rest for 30 minutes or so.
- Remove from refrigerator and add a little more milk if the mixture seems too stiff. With a wet tablespoon form the frikadeller, rolling them around in your hand so they resemble eggs.
- In a frying pan melt the butter over medium heat until it is hot. Place the frikadeller in the pan and cook them for 2 minutes on each side. Lower the heat to low and cook for a further 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve them hot.